Friday, December 27, 2013

Santa and the cold virus

It’s been a while since I’ve done another blog post. I’ve been spending most of my time trying to hide from a nasty bug going around. Both my sister and my niece got sick from this mysterious cold/flu or whatever the heck it is. So I barricaded myself in my room and called in reinforcements from the orange juice brigade, vitamin division, and surgical masks. Unlike most people a simple cold can put me in the hospital or even worse so when times like these happen I turn into a major hypochondriac and the “did you wash your hands” police. One of the best ways for me to avoid being in the hospital with pneumonia is to not get sick in the first place. That’s easier said than done especially when you live with a one-year-old.

My best friend and I are supposed to be exchanging gifts and were actually supposed to the day before Christmas. Long story short he ended up getting sick and decided to be a smart friend stay the hell away from me lol you sick, no gift for you. When you know someone with a neuromuscular disorder you tend to be aware of these things so if you know someone with a neuromuscular disorder and has breathing difficulties the smartest thing to do is stay away until you no longer feel sick. Don’t worry they’ll forgive you because they like breathing more than they want to see you. I just realized that sounds really terrible but it’s completely understandable.

Speaking of opening gifts. Tightly wrapped gifts on Christmas are completely unnecessary especially when I can’t even pick up the gift to try to take a peek. When an able-bodied person needs to use brute strength just to unwrap a gift I think that means there was way too much tape. It doesn’t need to look pretty because that paper is going to get shredded in the end anyways. An ugly black garbage bag does just the trick at least in my opinion, but maybe it’s because I’m a guy.


Thank you again for reading another post. Hopefully everyone had a wonderful Christmas and everyone enjoys their New Year’s. I know I will because school starts again at the end of next month so I’m going to enjoy the time I don’t have to care about thinking too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment